A stiff neck is nothing to feel alarmed about.
It can happen if you took a sharp turn in your car, or slept on the wrong side of the bed. Neck pain can even be the result of an auto accident. But if you are suffering from neck pain for multiple days, you may wish to seek medical attention.
In some cases, you will need to seek treatment for relief. The techniques we employ are ideal for those who suffer from short or long-term pain.
Here are seven signs that mean you should book an appointment with us so we can provide you with some relief from the neck pain you are experiencing:
- If you are not experiencing any improvements in the pain or stiffness in your neck after a few days.
- If you feel a sharp or sustained pain in your neck when you move it to look left, right, above or downward.
- If you are using over the counter pain medications on a regular basis, because you cannot get through the day without them. Being in that much pain is not normal.
- If you fear that your neck pain may be the result of a more serious condition or incident.
- If the pain was initially contained in your neck, but now you are feeling some tingling or numbness in your wrists, hands or other parts of the body.
- If you were in a car accident and the neck pain began a couple of days after that event.
- If you feel as though the pain in your neck is at its worst when you wake up, but it gets a bit better as you go through the day.
If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, make an appointment with us and one of our chiropractors will make an assessment and discuss treatment options with you.