A stiff neck is nothing to feel alarmed about. It can happen when taking a sharp turn in your car, or sleeping on the wrong side of the bed. Neck pain can even be the result of a car accident injury. But if you are suffering for multiple days, you may wish to seek a chiropractor for neck pain. Below are seven signs that mean you should book an appointment with a chiropractor for neck pain.
7 Signs You Should See a Chiropractor for Neck Pain
1. If you are not experiencing any improvements in the pain or stiffness in your neck after a few days.
2. If you feel a sharp or sustained pain in your neck when you move it to look left, right, above or downward.
3. If you are using over the counter pain medications on a regular basis, because you cannot get through the day without them. Being in that much pain is not normal.
4. If you fear that your neck pain may be the result of a more serious condition or incident.
5. If the pain was initially contained in your neck, but now you are feeling some tingling or numbness in your wrists, hands or other parts of the body.
6. If you were in a car accident and the neck pain began a couple of days after that event.
7. If you feel as though the pain in your neck is at its worst when you wake up, but it gets a bit better as you go through the day.
If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, make an appointment with a chiropractor for neck pain. Our chiropractors will make an assessment and discuss treatment options with you. The techniques they employ are ideal for those who suffer from short or long-term pain. Call our Huntington Beach chiropractor today and get on the road to recovery.